So, for those of you keeping score at home, we live in An Tir – a kingdom with a gaelic name, awards in French, and about a zillion norskis running around. To that end, we present “myths about Norse culture we have seen expressed (explicitly or otherwise) in the SCA.
- if you want to wear wool, you should probably be Norse
- 8th-12th c. Norse were generally pagan
- (and the rest of Europe was Christian)
- 8th -12th c. Norse and 5th c. Celtic are totally compatible cultures
- All Norse were Viking raiders
- If your persona is Norse, your armory should have fierce beasties. Better if you name also includes that beastie.
…Add your own!